Saturday, March 17, 2012

In Search of Lost Time

my first book that I am reading from the Guardian's top 100 list, in what I am calling my "25th bday challenge" is In Search for Lost Time by Marcel Proust. I am excited to start this self created and imposed challenge, yet I am also nervous. this is book#41, and I picked it because it sounded interesting from the one sentence descrition in the list, and becase the longest book on the list mention made me curious. I looked it up and have read a bit about it, the book itself, and it is 3,000 something pages long! the book is so long, that it is written in 6 -7 volumes! when I say volumes, I don't mean like Happy Potter, where it is a series,etc. no. I mean this is one book, that is so long, it took 7 books to finish it in! it is supposed to have one of the longest sentences in literature, and it has about 1.5 million words! It is also supposed to be a bit difficult to read, and to comprehend. so, I will admit...I'm intimidated right now, a bit nervous as well. really. I'm actually intimidated and a bit nervous. over a book, I know. yet, I am also super excited about this and I love this idea that I had! It seems that a lot of people say that as hard as this book is to read and comprehend, it is super good and super worth it, so that makes me excited to read it. plus, I have not read a lot of books(okay, none) by French writers, so it's a new for me. so, here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment